ipad3 question(s)

Reaction score
I find that I cannot download and use Adobe Flashplayer on my Ipad3, which puts me at a disadvantage when friends and family send email attachments that require it. Is there some other program or software I can use to play "Flash" attachments?
Question #2 is one of running movies downloaded from ITunes to my Ipad, then attaching it to a TV using Apple's own RCA connectors. Problem is, the movies won't play on my Toshiba TV at all, although they will play on my home theatre using the same connectors. I've made sure that the TV is set to "Video" and everything else is in order. Any ideas out there?

C

chas_m

1. No. There is no such thing as Flash on mobile devices. Adobe discontinued it on other platforms themselves because they could not get it to work well within the limitations of mobile requirements -- ironically one of the main reasons Apple barred Flash from iOS in the first place.

2. Who on earth sends flash attachments in email??? Those are probably viruses (not that they'd affect your iPhone). I've been on the net since before it WAS a net and can't recall anyone ever sending me a flash attachment in email. Ever. Videos, yes. Flash ... honestly, I think maybe once about 15 years ago.

3. The new iPad is not compatible with the old RCA connector kit (which was made for a previous model). The later iPads only connect using wireless connections (AirPlay) or digital connections (HDMI, DVI).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
3. The new iPad is not compatible with the old RCA connector kit (which was made for a previous model). The later iPads only connect using wireless connections (AirPlay) or digital connections (HDMI, DVI).

Ok question are you saying that the new ipad will not work with this Apple Composite AV Cable? according to apple this cable is compatible with all 3 versions for the Ipad, because that is what I have connected to my TV and have been using for my Iphone 4s as well as my ipad2. just wondering if I need to find a new cable?

C

chas_m

I was referring to Apple's previous COMPONENT av kit, not the COMPOSITE one you mention -- but now that you bring it up I'm not sure what the OP is using, so my answer to him may not apply in his situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I was referring to Apple's previous COMPONENT av kit, not the COMPOSITE one you mention -- but now that you bring it up I'm not sure what the OP is using, so my answer to him may not apply in his situation.

Ok cool, Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.