Mac a1181 fun battery problem

Reaction score
Hello folks,

My a1181 macbook doesnt reconize the battery but it runs fine while its disconnected from the wall. weird. I reset the SMC but it still does it. Any ideas??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello folks,

My a1181 macbook doesnt reconize the battery but it runs fine while its disconnected from the wall. weird. I reset the SMC but it still does it. Any ideas??

Yes. Those A1181 model MacBook's are getting to be 4-6 years old (they first came out in 2006). If the battery is the same age...it's possible that the battery is worn out...and you need a new one.

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
that was the issue to begin with, I bought a battery, intalled it, it charged. then stopped charging and shows no battery installed, but it runs on the battery HAHA. it wont turn on with the battery installed but if its on the magsafe it will come on and you can yank it out and it still runs! I reset the SMC but it does the same thing. I think its screwed.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you bought an aftermarket (3rd party) battery it may not be compatible. If you can, return it and try OWC as a source.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.