Yet another lost ipod question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 Power PC 1.33 GHz, 1.5 GB
So, I have (had?) an ipod touch 3 and seem to have misplaced it. I did not have any type of locate app as my computer is old and I was unable to upgrade my ios. When the ipod in question was found to be missing, i know for a fact that the batteries were dead. There is a possibility that i left the thing somewhere in my friends warehouse in S.F., but it could justas easily have slipped out of my pocket on the BART or MUNI. My question is this, is there any way, by knowing the name of my ipod, to check and see if said ipod has been connected to the app store or anywhere else? As in, if it's lost, i may find it someday but nobody is using it. If someone else has found it and is using it online, can i find that out. Even if I couldn't track/retrieve it, I could at least stop thinking about it.

Thanx,
O

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not much of a chance. Whoever finds it can easily reset it and change the name. I would forget about it and instead save my pennies to buy a new one.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 Power PC 1.33 GHz, 1.5 GB
Good enough, thanx man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.