Move iPhone photos to MacBook

Reaction score
I have several hundred photos on my iPhone 3gs in "camera roll" folder. How do I get those onto my MacBook (iPhoto). Seems I can sync in the other direction, but have no need for 3000 photos on my phone, and I want the phone photos on my computer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Connect your iphone to your computer and open up iphoto. Theres a panel on the left side of iphoto and on that panel you should see your iphone, select it and you should see all the photos on your iphone. select the photos you want to move to iphoto then select (import selected) or if you want to move them all just select (import all) *both options are found on the bottom right corner of iphoto.*

OP
E
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the reply, but my problem is that the panel on the left side does not show or link to my photos. That's too logical. My phone photos do not show up anywhere on my computer. I will resolve this issue with Apple Genius Bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Yeah sorry, you get some really inexperienced people on these forums sometimes and I wasn't sure if you just didn't know how to use iphoto.

If you have pictures in your camera roll that were e-mailed to you or taken from safari then it can cause your iphone to not show up on iphoto. If you delete those pictures it should show up. If you don't have any photos from those locations then yeah try the Apple Genius Bar.

Hope I can help and good luck with your problem.

C

chas_m

Were these "3000 photos" you took on the 3GS take with the default Camera app, or with some other program such as Instagram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
Ellcat, are photos viewable in iPhoto but just not in your pictures folder on HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Has anything changed in the past 6 months or so? I'm still looking for a fast, simple way to MOVE pictures from my camera roll on the iPhone to one or more user created directories on my iMac. I don't necessarily like the idea of putting them in iPhoto as that app is not perfect either.

I want to free up some memory space on my iPhone and have quick and easy access to the pictures I move so I can email them selectively or fix them with photoshop or whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.