Safari 5.1.7 Update .... a hidden feature

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Apparently, Apple is taking a more pro-active approach in the war against malware.

About Safari 5.1.7

And maybe, just maybe, Apple is showing their muscles on Flash vs. HTML5 :Smirk:

This approach, together with handing over Java responsibilities to Larry Ellison are 2 good moves in my mind.:)

Cheers ... McBie

C

chas_m

It's not a hidden feature. It's listed in the release notes, and becomes quite obvious if you have an outdated Flash. But you're right that it's a good move.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
The issue I'm having since updating to 5.1.7 on my10.6.8 MBP is that I now "have to" install Flash Player to view any webpages. Since my fresh OS install back in December, I never had problems viewing websites without any Flash updates. Now I have to install it with Safari 5.1.7. :p

Anyone else notice this since the Safari update?

Reaction score
privacy option came empty

speaking about the latest update,i notice that the privacy option came empty,i was just about to reset my cookies options. is it only me that having this? i'm clueless :Confused: please help

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you mean that the buttons in the Privacy section of Safari's preferences are blank? They are fine for me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Am all for the move as it's important to keep Flash if you are using it up to date.

My privacy tab has everything showing that was there before the update.

Reaction score
yep,they're blank,i thought it'd solved after the update but it won't? getting more confused now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-21 at 7.54.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-21 at 7.54.22 AM.png
    393 KB · Views: 43

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You might want to re-apply the update and see if that fixes the problem. The standalone updater can be fount at Safari 5.1.7

Reaction score
@slydude i did what you told me and and the result is still no good,the coloumn still blank, i already sent bug reports tho,think i'm just gonna give it a rest,while crossing my fingers. thanks btw,really appreciate it.

C

chas_m

Any chance you have been:

a. messing around with fonts

b. using a program like Monolingual to strip out "unneeded" languages?

Reaction score
nope,never, all the language are still intact, all off them from afghan to welsh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.