Getting CPU/RAM info displayed?

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my CPU usage and RAM usage (in a percentage) displayed either at the top where the time is, or ideally in my Dashboard. Is there a way to do this? Using Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro.

C

chas_m

You can do either one with iStat. I use the Dashboard version (iStat Pro), there's also a lite version that sits in the menubar.

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my CPU usage and RAM usage (in a percentage) displayed either at the top where the time is, or ideally in my Dashboard. Is there a way to do this? Using Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro.
Hi there,

I use MenuMeters which, amongst other things, displays CPU, network and RAM details in your menu bar. :Blushing:

I hope this info helps. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You can do either one with iStat. I use the Dashboard version (iStat Pro), there's also a lite version that sits in the menubar.

The menubar version is iStat Menus. $16. I use this version. Love it, would buy it again. It is a very nice setup, and some of the settings can replace Apple menubar items with nicer ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.