iWeb and style sheets?

Reaction score
Revamping my website and having some issues. It looks beautiful on Chrome and Safari on my Mac, bad in Firefox (enlarged text?). However, on my friend's PC, it looks horrible in both Chrome and Firefox (fonts aren't translating over and are enlarged). Not sure how it looks in IE. One of my website-savvy friends said I need to do style sheets for each browser. Is this even possible in iWeb? I searched the iWeb help and found nothing. Any thoughts or suggestions? Please speak slowly for me! LOL

Here's the website: http://www.pitbullzen.com

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You shouldn't have to do style sheets for every browser. The only time you'd need specific CSS properties set would be if you're using features only available to specific browsers or features that aren't standardized.

In my experience, iWeb creates some weird code that isn't non-Safari friendly. For instance, I've had students do assignments as web pages and those that do it in iWeb force me to mark it in Safari. However, you're site looks fine here in Opera but the fonts are indeed "enlarged" in Chrome, Safari and Firefox (in the menu) which suggests that this might only need a small tweak. Instead of trying to fool with stylesheets, try changing the font size in iWeb first.

OP
pitbullmamaliz
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! Another question arises (of course) - the fonts for the links down the side seem to not be changeable. They were automatic with that "theme" and I can't highlight them and change them. I was going to delete them and start over, but that apparently deletes the entire page. Not exactly what I was going for, LOL. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!

OP
pitbullmamaliz
Reaction score
Never mind I think I may have figured it out. Fingers crossed that this works...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.