Need Help with Install Error/Msg Icons: me clueless

Reaction score
Friends
could someone knowledgeable look at the error messages I attach here.
What is behind this: I have an iMAC rebuild project underway with a blank fresh drive, and I'm trying to install Lion [the hardware is capable].
So, I put the DVD in, it munches on it for a good long while, then displays these two images, cycling through them repeatedly. It looks like some sort of lock warning??
Permissions issue? - the drive is wiped, unformatted....

?

mac-mystery0.jpg

mac-mystery1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
did you put in the dvd drive ? then reboot your mac when the chime sounds press "option" key, then you are in business following the on screen instructions.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Make sure your mouse and keyboard are turned on.

OP
C
Reaction score
win

yep ... a friend saw the images and clued... the deal is, I had only the kbd connected cause the mouse was lost somewhere in the troubled past of this sys... so,the lion installer somehow was juked by having the usb mac kbd but no mouse at all. I had one older HP Point of sale type keyboard [massively overbuilt thing] with trackpad, special keys, etc....I thought "why not". unplugged the mac kbd, plugged the HP, fired it up again and 'voila' !
just a few minutes left now on the install from disc
thx
c
Make sure your mouse and keyboard are turned on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.