Switching between tabs in Terminal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Hello,

is anyone else having problems switching between open tabs in Terminal? The problem is that sometimes it works just by pressing cmd+shift+arrows, but sometimes it doesn't. I cannot figure this one out and it's driving me crazy.

I've tried switching the keyboard layout to see if it gets affected, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Or maybe I could reassign the shortcut to something else, any tips?

Thanks and best regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Try the following...

⌘} to move right ⌘{ to move left

(that's command - shift and ] or [ respectively )

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The Command-Shift-Arrow should work as should Dysfunction's combination (which, "technically", is the correct one). When the arrow solution doesn't work, take note of what you have happening in the tabs. It could be that something is blocking it. Or, and perhaps more likely, you're hitting the down or up arrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The Command-Shift-Arrow should work as should Dysfunction's combination (which, "technically", is the correct one). When the arrow solution doesn't work, take note of what you have happening in the tabs. It could be that something is blocking it. Or, and perhaps more likely, you're hitting the down or up arrow.

yea, when all else fails.. I use the built in method.

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Hm, I must have some app blocking this, because either both or none of those work (when reassigned). I guess I'll have to boot up fresh and go app by app or something :-D I can't really narrow it down to a single thing easilly because I usually have the same processes running (well besides Terminal commands :-D), my guess is a VPN connection ... would that be possible? Either Cisco or openVPN or both?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you by chance assigned the same key combination to another menu item or to another application that has focus?

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I thought I should come back to this thread, even though it's been a while.

The issue got resolved by creating and deleting a key combination with default assignment for switching between tabs.

Thanks for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.