Does it make sense to run windows software???

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have never used a mac before and only wish to do so for music playback, I use 2 DJ softwares on a windows laptop and I am willing to transfer over to a Macbook because I am being told the MAC will give much better performance. Thing is, one of my music software [OTSAV] is not designed to work on a mac so i would have to use Bootcamp or similar.

What I would like to know is, if it would make sense to run my 2 windows softwares on a mac only to say I am using a Mac or to put it another way, if I use the 2 windows softwares would i still have the Mac's physical advantages or would I need to use Mac specific softwares to get whatever advantages a Mac provides?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Yes it makes sense, and yes you will get the benefit of the solid build quality. If you can run your Windows APPs in Virtual Machine then you will get OS X stability too.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Which would be the better way to go, Virtual Machine or Bootcamp please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.