what TV is most compatible with Lion?

Reaction score
I had a Sony Bravia that worked great with my old macbook pro, but was flashing black intermittently when I upgraded to Lion. I no longer own that TV and am looking to replace it. I'm on a tight budget (can only spend $700 or less). What TV brand has the most up to date software downloads that will be compatible with my Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Been having no issues with my Samsung or my Mitsubushi. It was probably an issue with the refresh rate you had set up.

OP
R
Reaction score
tv compatibility with lion

thanks for the reply. I'm a newbie. What is the refresh rate? I called apple support, and they tried multiple things (that I can't remember right now), and told me the problem was that Sony hadn't updated their software, but when they did it should work. Their software update was several years old. I will look into the television brands you suggested.

OP
R
Reaction score
one more question

So, looked into the refresh rate as you mentioned. Does that mean I should purchase 120HZ and not 60HZ? After reading reviews, was considering the Vizio. Any advice would be helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.