personal hotspot issues

Reaction score
I want to use my iphone4 as a personal hotspot with my Macbook Pro. In the past I have used the Bluetooth network successfully, but it stopped working around 6 weeks ago.

The phone has never worked as a hotspot using wi-fi or plugged in via USB to my Macbook pro. It doesn't automatically link to the network (which is why I used Bluetooth in the past). But when I plug to the Macbook pro via USB the phone does charge and iphoto opens (so I assume the USB cable is working). The USB cable also works to access internet on my husbands acer computer.

No pop up box comes up when I plug the phone into the computer (should it?). Just iphoto opens up.

I have turned everything on an off, plugged in and unplugged devices, updated all software and reset my phone. Any other tips? It's driving me bananas because I need the internet to work and my home connection has dropped to dial up, and still I am paying for broadband internet through my phone which I can't access. ARGH! :Not-Amused:

Please help
Bonita

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.