iLife missing?

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a refurbished MacBook Air from Currys (late 2010) and Garageband isn't here. I've already bought it for my iPhone so I don't really want to pay £10 for it again. Is iLife 09 supposed to be here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iLife should be with it, but since you bought it second hand, it may not be. Did it come with gray restore discs?

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

It was apparently refurbed by somebody approved by Apple. It doesn't have a cd drive so they come with a USB but I don't have that. But I've upgrade to Lion now anyway. Really I just need GarageBand.

C

chas_m

Uh, no.

If the refurbisher were really "approved by Apple" they would have given you the restore USB and everything else that would come with a new package, unless you bought a demo unit or something like that.

You got robbed of at least $45 by my reckoning. I would tell Curry's to give you a full set of recovery media (with ALL the programs that came with or were supporsed to with the machine) or they'll be reported to Apple for gypping customers. Apple does NOT like to receive those reports and the retailers like it even less.

OP
N
Reaction score
Oh ok, well even on the description itself iLife is pre installed. Unless I don't know how to find it? I'm just looking in applications and GarageBand is not there.

OP
N
Reaction score
OK so they offered me £40 or a full refund. Food for thought.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Take the £40 and buy GarageBand from the Mac APP Store ($15 USD I believe).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OK so they offered me £40 or a full refund. Food for thought.

Nice...sounds like a good deal to me...take the refund!:)

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm torn between getting a new Macbook Pro or just keeping this for a few months and then selling it (only came with a 6 month warranty) to get the new Macbook Pro when it comes out. I suppose I could sell a new Pro that I get now in a few months and probably sell it for the same amount as I'm a student so I get that discount plus a 3 year warranty.

What do you think? The new processors from intel just came out as well. BTW I live in the UK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.