Exchange account on Mac Mail

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not totally new to Mac but am still slightly more comfy on a windows machine (but don't get me wrong i love my mac)

My issue is I am starting a new job and there email is done through exchange. I have tried without success to set up my exchange account in Mac Mail. I have access to the settings section of the email account and the settings it gives me for Mac Mail are:
-email address
-server address
-user name
-domain address

I don't know how i input this in to mac mail to make it work i have tried every possible combination I can think of and all i get is an error saying:

"the exchange server is not responding"

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Ask the support folks at work for that information.

Keep in mind Mac Mail only support Exchange v2007 and v2010. If by chance they are still running v2003 mac Mail will not work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Agree with member MacsWork. Your company is likely using Exchange 2003 which is not compatible with Mac Mail or MS Office Outlook 2011.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of Outlook are the other guys in your office using? There is only one version of Outlook for the Mac and that is 2011. However, Windows versions go all the way back into the last century. Do you know what version of Exchange Server your company is using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.