Ipad 3 Screen Replacement - Purchase

Reaction score
Hi there everyone.

I unfortunately had my ipad 3 screen cracked, so looked around to see the price, and realised it was much cheaper to do myself, as well as not too hard (I have had technical experience). I was wanting some help deciding which screen/digitizer to get, here are some I found:

The NEW iPad Touch Screen Glass Lens Digitizer For iPad 3 Black | eBay

Black Apple iPad 3 Digitizer Glass Touch Screen The new iPad Replacement New OZ | eBay

Now, obviously price is a concern, so I was wondering if any of you new of a cheaper place? Also do you think quality matters with this purchase?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Just happened to me this past week. Went to Apple store, ordered a "service replacement" Ipad3 monday night, picked it up last night. My wallet is $299 plus uncle sams cut lighter today. No Apple care.
They offered Apple care at the time of purchase for 99 plus 259 for the replacement. Pricy but I am told it is actually a brand new ipad, the refurbs are sold on their website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro 4GB, AT&T iPhone 4 16GB, every version iPod, 3rd Gen iPad 16GB 4G+LTE
Can you rephrase that? I don't understand what you are asking.

C

chas_m

Given that you already broke one new iPad, when Apple offered you the AppleCare for (net) $50 you should have been all over that IMO.

Good luck with the new one and get a good case for it!

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My iPad 3 screen is cracked, but my digitizer still works. (Responding to touch perfectly). Instead if buying a $100 digitizer, I was wondering if I could just replace the glass separately. (I haven't really found much for 'iPad 3 front glass' and variations in Google)

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not start a new thread. Continue posting to the same thread until it's finished. Your posts have been merged together.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.