Slide to Unlock Issue

Reaction score
Quick question here, because I've seen a lot of people talking about this issue but no real solution to it.

Basically My Ipod touch won't slide to unlock, the screen is there but it is unresponsive, even when I turn it off it won't slide to power off.

And no hard resetting it won't fix the problem, neither is restoring it in itunes. It hasn't been jailbroken either.

Nothing happened to it like it fell or got wet, and it isn't frozen because when you double press the home button is shows the play button which means it isn't frozen,

can anyone help me out?
Should I downgrade it? because I already have all the software to do it like tiny umbrella and the rest.

Or is it a hardware issue where I have to open it and make sure the digitizer is still connected if so, can anyone please send me some links on how to open an ipod touch?

Thanks In advance and thanks for reading.

C

chas_m

It certainly sounds like a hardware (digitzer) issue to me. You can have a tech verify that and then explore repair options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I agree with Chas, sounds like your digitizer is shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.