Can someone recommend me a "decent" laptop for hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok so I am looking for a decent laptop from $400-600 range which would be easily compatible with installing snow leopard or lion.
Currently my Mid 2010 MBP has a nvidia gt400 and is semi playable for Diablo 3 (beta) but I want a Laptop pc which would be much faster than that graphics card (not really looking for anything hardcore, just mediocre) Of course I Win7 on it also, but most importantly OS X

My gf recently bought this Sony Vaio and it's pretty fast for $470 (- Walmart ... m/19536288) but it is not compatible to install Snow Leopard.

Basically I'm looking for a Laptop pc that has a better (not by much since I know it's a laptop) graphics card than my MBP mid 2010 that is compatible with installing OS X (very important) on it. I have about $100 gc for amazon so I don't mind going to $700 then.
Can someone recommend me a "decent" laptop for hackintosh

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Discussions of Hackintoshes are prohibited on the forums. Consider a method of achieving what you'd like to do that doesn't require making one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.