Downloading iphone 4s to external harddrive

Reaction score
I am looking for advise on what steps to move photos and videos taken on the i-phone 4s to an external hard drive connecterd to my desktop computer that is not an Apple computer.

C

chas_m

I'm confused by the question. Don't you already sync this iPhone to your PC?

If you do, then once the pictures and videos are copied over into "My Pictures" or wherever Windows stores that kind of stuff, why can't you just drag and drop them from there into the folder you want them in on the other drive?

OP
B
Reaction score
iphone 4s downloaded to external hard drive

I found the file DCIM on my iphone and copied it to my PC desktop external 300 GB hard drive successfully, some questions now:

1- It took one hour to download 13.2 GB (14,185,190,408 bytes) 78 files and one folder
(is there a faster better way to do the download?)

2- I now need to clear some space on my iphone, but first want to be sure that the downloaded data is safe and can be accessed.
2.1 what image and video program do you recommend I use?

-Picassa and MS Picture are both places where I have stored photos and videos

-I have a Mac Pro with external hard drive which is where i want to store photos and videos

-I am trying to learn Final Cut Pro which is on the laptop

2.2 Can you give me the steps for connecting my iphone to the Mac Pro and setting up a location on my external hard drive that will work for editing of photos and video productions?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.