Garageband iLife '09 Loop Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 Clamshell 366mhz+Firewire, PowerMac G4 MDD 2003 1.25Ghz(Single), Mac LC520 25MHZ
In Garageband '09, The loop Library Is Displayed on The right hand of the Screen rather than on the bottom like in previous versions... This Really takes up alot of the Horizontal Screen space and it's really annoying.

Is there anyway to change it back to displaying loops at the bottom of the screen? Or am I stuck with it on the side?

Older Layout.jpg

View attachment Newer Layout.bmp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I don't use Garageband very much but I don't think there's a way. Sorry! Logic and Soundtrack Pro both have a feature called screensets which allows you to arrange windows to your liking and save the layout but even they don't let you move the media manager around as it's built right into the arrange window.

Reaction score
Loop Browser View

Unfortunately, there is not a way to move the Loop Browser to the bottom of the window, that is reserved for the region editor. But you can always toggle the view and hide it by clicking the loop browser button in the bottom right of the window. Here is some more info on Garageband loops you might find helpful.

Also, more info on GarageBand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.