Trouble resetting iCal Reminders

Reaction score
I run my life using the Reminders feature in iCal. The problem I have occurs when I reset the due date for a given reminder. For example, at the end of any given day, I usually have one or more Reminders for that date that did not get done (shame on me, but stuff happens!!), or it might be a "repeating" Reminder for a task that happens periodically. When I open up the undone item and reset its due date to, lets say, 2 weeks from today, the Reminders field of view (sometimes - - not always) shifts to the new due date. Sometimes, the field of view does not shift to the new due date - - the Reminder simply moves to the new date, and the field of view remains with the "today" Reminders. It seems to me that this is the way it should happen. In my case this happens maybe 10-20% of the time. All other times the field of view shifts to the future due date.

In some cases (maybe 20% of the time) - if the field of view shifts to 2 weeks into the future and I scroll back to "today", the field of view will once again shift to two weeks into the future and I have to scroll back to "today" again, to tend to other "today" reminders that need to be reset. This may happen until 10 seconds time has passed.

At first I thought this might be a problem with my wireless router (being too slow??), but when I travel the same thing happens. I can work around the problem by turing off "WiFi", but that's a nuisance since some Reminder items involve sending new e-mails. I just can't believe that this is the way iCal was designed to operate??

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and have you found a work around?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.