How to repair white MacBook (2010)

Reaction score
Okay, I have dropped my MacBook and now there is a crack right on the place where the power jack is. I can also see that the power jack is pushed in so it won't charge when I connect the charger, it is also a bit loose. I know it works because there is still a small connection (In dark I can see the green light). And I'm not a rich guy and I really need this computer, so how do I make sure that it can charge again? I have seen people replacing RAM but I need god advices to fix the power jack. I can't afford anything right now :\
If I would let Apple repair then they would change the whole case and that would cost me a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Crazy Glue, or an epoxy might be the answer.Be careful with the Crazy Glue, don't get your fingers stuck together.Should that happen, finger nail polish remover works. Good Luck. Van

Reaction score
I would advise extreme caution. You've cited a problem with your power connector, which could mean that an improper repair will pose a fire hazard. I understand you haven't a lot of money, but this might be one of those instances in which getting something done professionally is worth the cost.

Good luck,

Z

C

chas_m

There are some guides at iFixit.com but I caution you that what you are about to attempt is a fairly complicated repair and you could end up doing more damage if you're not skilled/careful/handy.

I'm with Shikarnov on this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
My friend did the same thing and he took it to a local mac shop and got it repaired for free. That may be an option. Try taking the bottom panel off and pushing the charger connector back out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.