NeoOffice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Screen 2560x1440, 3.1 Ghz Quad Core Intel, 4Gb of 1333Mhz SD RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless K
Hi everybody
I have just bought a Mac Machine for the first time....I recently used my son's whilst in Australia and was impressed, so after too many years to remember of using Windows .....I changed!...and I hope it proves to be a good move.

I have downloaded & installed NeoOffice. It seems ok except....when I press the "open File" icon, the prog freezes. Is it me or has anybody elsa experienced this?

Also, is this the best WP prog I can get free for Mac?

Thanks
Victor

(Mac OS X)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Screen 2560x1440, 3.1 Ghz Quad Core Intel, 4Gb of 1333Mhz SD RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless K
Thanks for that, I will take a looksee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Quote by golden_eagle
Also, is this the best WP prog I can get free for Mac?

I had NeoOffice when I first moved to Mac and found it good, but soon moved to Pages,I see it is still only about £19.99, a bargin.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I also used NeoOffice a few years back as it is more 'Mac Like" than the other open office derivatives.
Now only use Apples iWork .. Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I had NeoOffice when I first went Mac about three years ago. After I had been using it for about a year I found it to be slowing down when I was saving large spreadsheets. I went over to Open Office and have never looked back. The Spreadsheets are getting larger, they also incorporate a lot of Graphs and have never notice any latency when saving them.

C

chas_m

Another vote for Pages and the other iWork apps here. Open/Neo/LibreOffice will do in a pinch, but I prefer the elegance of Apple's offerings.

For basic Word compatibility, there's TextEdit already included with your Mac.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks all, plenty to work on there!
I'm trying Open Office now as I used it with windows & found it pretty easy to use as it is just like MS Works

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.