All my files are missing!

Reaction score
Mac book users I need your help!

I turned my macbook pro on and logged in to my account, and as soon as I got there I noticed some of the apps on my dock went missing( making the icons bigger) so I got suspicious and decided to check photobooth..but then all my photos were gone! i checked itunes, all the music were gone! and it goes on with the files. So I decided to press the application folder and I noticed that the apps i downloaded in the past were still there. 2nd thing I did once I saw this I went to try to search at the spotlight thing, and it came up with only 2 of my pictures I had once. So after all that I decided to check the other accounts in my macbook but they were perfectly fine, no files were missing. But why did this happen to mine? I didn't change the home folder or anything...(i did not backup my macbook, and i didn't enabled the time machine) What do I do!? Please someone! Those pictures/videos were so much to me :'(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Quick Question, did you by any chance rename your home folder or account name at all?

OP
R
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think I did :/ But before the day it happened I updated my macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Updated in what way?
If you can tell use exactly what happened in period between working/not working it may help

OP
R
Reaction score
Well after I updated it, I noticed that it took quite a long time to shut down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.