Apple TV Purchases to Computer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to download purchases I've made on my Apple TV (movies and TV shows) to my computer. From what I can find, it seems like iCloud is a helpful answer to this issue, but do I have to buy an iCloud subscription just to download my Apple TV purchases onto my computer - or is there another way?

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You get them via iTunes.

Go to "Purchases" in iTunes. In the bottom left of the window there will be the words "Download Previous Purchases". Follow that and download your purchased content. You can set it up to auto download any content bought on any device to all other devices automatically as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to download purchases I've made on my Apple TV (movies and TV shows) to my computer. From what I can find, it seems like iCloud is a helpful answer to this issue, but do I have to buy an iCloud subscription just to download my Apple TV purchases onto my computer - or is there another way?

Thanks!!
Access Purchased shows on all your devicesiCloud is not necessary, but this only works on purchases.

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Access Purchased shows on all your devicesiCloud is not necessary, but this only works on purchases.

Can I play my rental on more than one device?

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

class77, many thanks for the good advice :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Baggss and Class77!! Worked great.

Do either of you know if I can watch the movies/shows I've purchased on my laptop through appleTV without downloading them (i.e. stream them direct from the net like my appleTV does?)

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've never tried to do so, so I am not really sure. I don't believes so though.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks!!

I am planning to buy Google TV, from where I can buy? How much It would cost me in LA along with installation? Can you share some details if you have? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Thanks Baggss and Class77!! Worked great.

Do either of you know if I can watch the movies/shows I've purchased on my laptop through appleTV without downloading them (i.e. stream them direct from the net like my appleTV does?)

Thanks!!
Nope, sorry. You've got to download them to your computer first and then stream them from the computer to the ATV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.