10.4 OS discs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I have my original gray discs for OS 10.4 (Tiger I believe) I'm now using Snow Leopard,so I wondered what the original 10.4 discs were worth to someone with an older computer without the discs? any suggestions?/ Thanks for any input. Van

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have my original gray discs for OS 10.4 (Tiger I believe) I'm now using Snow Leopard,so I wondered what the original 10.4 discs were worth to someone with an older computer without the discs? any suggestions?/ Thanks for any input. Van

Not a whole lot from a $$$ perspective...but I'm sure if someone "could" use them, they would appreciate the donation!;)

See...they ONLY work on the same model Mac that they shipped with...so they would only be useful to someone who has the same model computer...and assuming that they want/need to run OS 10.4.

Since your computer came with OS 10.4...and you're now able to run OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). More than likely anyone with the same model computer as you is also running Snow Leopard (or OS 10.5 Leopard)...and so wouldn't be running an OS as old as 10.4.

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
10.4 discs

Thanks for the reply, I'd be glad to donate them if anyone needs them. Van

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the reply, I'd be glad to donate them if anyone needs them. Van

Not sure if the computer these disks shipped with is the iMac listed in your profile. But since the disk(s) only work on the model computer they shipped with..if you posted the specs of your computer (including the model number)...this may help someone determine if they can use the disks with their computer.

Thanks for being willing to donate them.:) Many people buy used Mac's and don't get the original gray discs with the computer...and would like to have them.:)

- Nick

p.s. Before you decide to donate the disks. Be aware that gray disk #2 has a "Hardware Test" program on it...and if you were to run into problems in the future...booting the computer from this disk...and running the hardware test program can come in handy. The Snow Leopard OS disc you have does not have this hardware test program on it.

So you may actually be the best person to benefit from having these disks!;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.