Switching to mac - specidic questions

Reaction score
Hello all i have several specific questions about my upcoming switch from PC to mac.

• My budget is £1000 - apprx. $1700 on day of post - i can give or take $300 if there is value involved
    I will mainly be using the Mac for recording music, digital photography and video editing.

Questions:
  • A mac book would be handy because I could do my music work in the music studio and photography workl in the house (freeing up the music studio for others) - can a macbook at said budget handle this? Or as a general rule of thumb would a desktop with similar budget be more powerful.

I have been told I would need an I5 processor rather than dual core if doing music recording - it seems i'm more likely to get a macbook at sadi budget than a desktop. What are the advantages/disadvantages of macbook over imacfor someone with my needs?

OP
R
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.