Which audio interface

Reaction score
Hi there,

I wonder which audio interfaces you guys use for recording external sound devices and why you chose the specific one.

I bought a metric halo mobile i/o 2882 a few years ago to be able to record a whole drumset in one step.
What is important for you if you are thinking about buying an audio interface? How much money are you going to spend or how much money did you invest for your sound card?

Looking forward to discussing with you!!

Cheers from rainy, foggy and cold Hamburg!
KA

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I have an MBox 2 - its getting old now - but I'm a guitarist, and i generally just DI now. Still, great sounding AD/DA and so on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4
I recently upgraded from the focusrite Scarlett 2i2, to the Scarlett 8i6. I am a big fan of the focusrite line of interfaces. I was actually thinking about selling the 2i2 on ebay. I paid 150.00 for it about a year ago. I needed more inputs thats the only reason i upgraded.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Thanks for your reply!!

Mbox is fantastic! Do you use it with protools light or with another sequencing software?

Cheers!
KA

They are great little bits of kit.

I used to use Pro Tools 8 - but I have lost the license key, and have a new Macbook now :S

So now i make do with Logic Express 9. :)

OP
Liedschatten
Reaction score
Also great:
Lexicon Onyx or the Apogee Duet...Quite similar to the mbox....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.