Which iPad stand do you recommend?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I bought my first iPad (3rd gen) a few weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good stand for when I'm sat at a desk. I'm looking for something really simple as it'll probably be on and off it regularly. Ideally it'll have some kind of protection (soft surface) so that the iPad won't get scratched. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it! =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I just use my smart cover as a stand on my desk.

I do have the Zagg Flex keyboard which comes with a nice foldup stand
ZAGGkeys FLEX | Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard & Stand for Tablets | ZAGG
Works both portrait and landscape.

I also have the iPad 1 Zaggmate - which doesn't snug up to the new iPad - but I can fit it in there with the smart cover still on. Also works as a keyboard - and the iPad can be in portrait or landscape
Award-winning iPad Case-Aluminum iPad Cover & Wireless iPad Keyboard | ZAGGmate

I also have this plastic stand that works quite well in both orientations
Amazon.com: ipad stand

I like the 12 south compass - but I haven't sprung for one as it is $20 more than the plastic stand above
Amazon.com: Twelve South (12-1106) Compass Portable Stand for iPad-Silver (3rd Generation New iPad, iPad 1, and iPad 2): Electronics

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Going to be doing a review of my Portenzo case tomorrow when it comes in the mail. Hopefully Fedex will be realistic this time and deliver it when I'm home and not at 7PM like last time. >_>" I don't enjoy being a hostage in my own home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.