PB Owners! "Survey" for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I own an iBook, and to the left of the trackpad, under the keyboard, because it's the hot side, it's become permanently slightly stained (presumably from natural skin oils on my hand). The PowerBooks don't do this, correct? Or if they do, is it as noticeable as on an iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I've had my 12" Powerbook for 1 year and 8 months and have no stains whatsoever. I use it about 2 hours a day.

J

Jonster

also, isn't the ibook a white case? the powerbook has a brushed metal case, so that may be something there.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have had my PowerBook for about four and no stains. Also the brushed metal case may help prevent the stated problem. For ma and most of the PowerBook users the heat comes from the bottom.

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Yeah, the brushed metal was what I was getting at, actually. I was hoping it would make a difference. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Meyvn said:
Yeah, the brushed metal was what I was getting at, actually. I was hoping it would make a difference. Thanks guys.

Hey Meyvn,

I have an iBook, and for a while, I was noticing stains just like you described. I got a Mr. Clean magic eraser, and it makes my computer look just like new. ;)

Have you ever tried it?

L

lil

No such marks at all.

Clean as a whistle. Though I'd dare say overall to keep a Al Book in good condition it needs a bit more cleaning more regularly than the PowerBook.

Either way, the 12" PB of mine has been stellar. :flower:

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.