Please help! My macbook wont turn on

Reaction score
Ive had my MacBook for a few years now and I have never had any major issues. I left it on running yesterday and today it had obviously run out of charge and died, so i plugged my charger in and turned it on. The Mac turned on fine the went to my desktop, a message came up saying that the dates of my mac are all basically out of whack, which may cause some of my applications to run erratically. Before i could do anything the screen went black as if it had turned off, but the light at the bottom of the actual mac that lights up when the mac is on was still flashing, and i could hear noises as if it was on coming from the computer. I had to turn it off by holding the button down. I have tried turning the mac on a few times now and each time it dosnt even get to the desktop, it turns on like normal with the apple logo, but then switches to a blue screen and goes black again. This keeps repeating. I have tried calling apple support but they dont take calls on Sundays and neither does any apple stores. I really need help as i have alot of important documents on there! :( thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, iPhone 4
I had a similar issue with my MacBook from 2006. Just stayed at a screen with the apple logo on it. Brought it into the genius guys and it ended up my hard drive was fried.
Luckily I'm pretty OCD with backing things up..
But I could be wrong, definitely either call or bring it into Apple over the week to see what they say..I'm no genius lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.