Photoshop or similar software for MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hello all!!

I would like to purchase a Photoshop application, or something similar for my MacBook Pro, which is equipped with OS X Version 10.5.8.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the assistance!!!

~Paul Michael

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I assume you are looking or something like PhotoShop Elements (PSE) rather than full blown PhotoShop.
I know that Adobe PSE 8.0 is Leopard compatible. Check Adobe's website for compatibilty for the latest version. PSE 10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You could also try Pixelmator or Acorn. They are Photoshop clones for people without million dollar incomes. Not sure if the current versions will run on 10.5.8 but there are versions for Leopard.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you!!

Thanks to Razormac and Stretch. I'll be checking out all of those suggestions!!!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Pixelmator says it can run on 10.6 or later. You can always try it out for 30 days.

C

chas_m

Have you thought about simply upgrading to Snow Leopard so you won't constantly have to hunt for special old versions of things that can run under Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
what about gimp? it´s free

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
what about gimp? it´s free

Free but not exactly user friendly. >_> I rather spare myself the frustration and just pay 30 dollars for a nice clean user interface that is easy to understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
i agree. i personally use photoshop. but then - if i would just resize an image or improve colors from time to time i wouldn't mind to use gimp. it all comes down to what you want to do
if i would want to buy a software - i´d buy photoshop elements

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.