upgrade to 10.6 from 10.5 causing problems!

Reaction score
Hi
I've just upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard and its causing mayhem on my computer. My printer no longer works and when I try to download attachments from others I can't open them as there is no 'download system' any more or that the new system upgrade doesn't recognise the printer... Help! It's driving me nuts and more inconvenience than anything!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Before upgrading to a new OS version...you should always do two things first:

1. Make sure all your applications are compatible with the new OS version (or there's a free update to make it compatible). Otherwise you may be in for some big surprises when you find out you have to spend BIG bucks to purchase new versions of the apps.

2. Make sure all your peripherals (such as printers) are compatible with the new OS version (or have newer drivers that will make them compatible). I would suggest going to the manufacturers website of your printer...see if they have newer drivers that are for Snow Leopard...then download and install them.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.