User Account Pictures

Reaction score
Hello,

My iMac (21"-i7-8GB Ram)is doing strange things.

I have an Admin account and two user accounts.

I have set a picture from the Apple User menu for one user and set a photo from the
desktop for the other user. The strange thing is, the computer changes the users pictures both to the desktop picture..... Have restarted, logged out and in etc.....Any guesses??

Ken

C

chas_m

Try this:

Go into Address book in your own account, and make sure there is an entry there called [YOUR NAME] with a User icon opposite it -- that icon beside it is super-important, so let us know if it is not there.

Now drag a new photo (anything, doesn't matter right now) into the "well" where the picture of you should go (or take a picture if you like using the built-in iSight camera). It should have the caption "me" on it if you've done this correctly.

Now go to "accounts" and see if the same picture is there for your own account. Is it?

OP
K
Reaction score
User Pictures

Did the picture in the Address Book thing, the picture did not go to users account...........

Thanks for the suggestion.......

However, the pictures continue to change.....

Hoping for more tips........ :);)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.