making pptx a pdf

Reaction score
When I try to Save As from a slide show pptx to a pdf - the slides show up with HUGE BOLD parenthesis around the content of the slides. A friend with a Mac tested it for me and it doesn't happen on her Mac - what do I need to do to fix this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about some specs so I can test it on my machine to see if I can duplicate the error? What version of Office Mac are you using? Year and model Mac you have and which version of OS X is it running?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I just tried this here with a very simple and "normal" (regular arrangement of content) presentation and didn't notice that with either of them.

Can you provide us with a copy of the presentation or some of the slides? We could give it a try ourselves.

OP
L
Reaction score
problem saving powerpoint to pdf

I have a mini Mac - my Word is 97 not sure about my powerpoint. Have no clue about my operating system - sorry.

I don't know how to add an attachment here to show you what happens...

I went to the Apple store today and they have no idea - I can't take my machine in because I am afraid I'd never find the right places for all the plugs again - and it is connected to comcast too - and I don't want to lose my internet - again -

I think I this may not be a good way for me to get help - not because you can't help but because I can't even understand your questions -

I am 70 - so wrong generation by several decades

right now I am sending my powerpoints to a friend on a PC and she turns them into pdfs and sends them back to me - as long as she is willing to do that I have a temporary bandaid

thanks anyway.....L

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi Lynne:

You're a young 70 using a Mac.... :) I think the problem lies with the version of Office you're using. Word 97 not only goes back to the last century, it's a Windows version not Mac. However, you said you were trying to convert PPTX files to PDF which means they're from a later version of Office.

OP
L
Reaction score
pptx to pdf

By George I think you've got it!!!! That makes total sense, especially since my friend was able to convert on her Mac with no problem- looks like time to upgrade:))

thank you - that intuitively feels like the right answer - all the pieces fall into place with that one...

Thank you, Lynne

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.