Help! Problems with finder

Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure it's related but i updated to iOS Lion, and after that (not sure whether immediate or sometime after) I am having problems with finder.

First of all, under certain folders in the sidebar like documents, downloads, applications etc there is nothing in it. Although on the document folder on the dock it shows all files. So if i dragged a file to documents in finder, it just disappears but it shows in my dock document folder!

So lately I've been saving everything to desktop since seems more convenient. However, this comes to my second problem (not sure its a finder problem) is that when i save stuff to desktop it doesn't appear on my desktop. but i can find it if i search it on finder.

Thirdly, when i insert a memory card, in finder it's shows on the sidebar of finder but in a lighter color text and cannot access inside. (and no icon appears on the desktop)

Please help...I've been using the Mac for 2 years, but this is about to send me back to a PC, although I do love the Mac otherwise!

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.