power down sleep?

Reaction score
Not sure I'm searching using the correct terms. My question is, how can I extend the time Lion remains open while I'm away from the machine. I seem to be the only one with issues but I find it extremely annoying that walking away to get a coffee (I'm not talking going out to a coffee shop) and coming back to find the machine in sleep(?) mode. Added to the issue, my Lion setup only seems to wake on keyboard, and requires a password, where as my Snow Leopard install just awoke on mouse and no other activity needed.

Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend familiarising yourself with the 'System Preferences' (It's really very intuitive). Check out the 'Energy Saver' settings for sleep times. 'Security' for require password after sleep/screen saver.

There's a plethora of settings which I'm sure you never knew existed and it will help you get the most from your machine. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'd definitely recommend familiarising yourself with the 'System Preferences' (It's really very intuitive). Check out the 'Energy Saver' settings for sleep times. 'Security' for require password after sleep/screen saver.

There's a plethora of settings which I'm sure you never knew existed and it will help you get the most from your machine. ;)

Yep, and if you used full disk encryption, the default is to require password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.