• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Avengers wow!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I saw a midnight IMAX screening of the Avengers last night... all I can say is WOW... its def a MUSt see for super hero movie fans

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Its on my "must see" list, but unfortunately not until next Friday. ;P

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I saw a midnight IMAX screening of the Avengers last night... all I can say is WOW... its def a MUSt see for super hero movie fans

I'm sure the IMAX part helped to improve the visual experience (versus regular theaters).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm just patiently waiting till my group of friends can all go. Then we're having a bon fire.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm just patiently waiting till my group of friends can all go. Then we're having a bon fire.

That sounds so cool. I want to do that but my friends don't live near the beach like I do. >_<"

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Its a decent film.

Just for gods sake everyone, avoid "Battleship" like the plague.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I was wondering about this one.;)

Did you see it already? It's not supposed to be released in the United States till May 18th. Did you see some sort of special early release?

- Nick

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its out in the UK, has been for two weeks at least.

Its a movie that has been severely destroyed by a generic storyline, epically bad one liners, bad acting and massive plot holes. i could go into detail, but seriously, don't waste your money on it.

Oh, and Rihanna should stick to singing. Haha.

Avengers is a far superior movie in every sense.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its a movie that has been severely destroyed by a generic storyline, epically bad one liners, bad acting and massive plot holes. i could go into detail, but seriously, don't waste your money on it.

After you posted "Don't see it"...I searched the internet for reviews...and it seems that almost everyone is giving "Battleship" a 3-4 on a 10 point scale.

I guess I'll watch it when it comes to TV/cable...then change the channel 15 minutes later (if I last that long)!;)

- Nick

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Battleship is garbage I already saw a sneak preview too bad looked decent. but yes avoid this one

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Gonna quote my friend. "I don't think a movie has ever made me clench my buttcheeks together in delight that much." :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
Battleship is garbage I already saw a sneak preview too bad looked decent. but yes avoid this one

True, Watched it the other week, another typical Aliens invade and bad boy does good storyline, only made slighty watchable with some good special effects, but bad enough on the big screen so as a DVD release it's a total waste of time.

Avengers on the other hand I watched in 3D last weekend.... superb film and action throughout. The ending has left the door wide open for a follow up movie (of course). But if your going to watch a film this is the one.

Reaction score
Avengers really is a truly superb film, I've been a comic book reader since I was a wee youngling, and this film lived up to what the Avengers are all about, everything was fantastic.

Although I must say, when I read the reviews in Empire magazine, they said it would basically be from the point of view of Captain America, as he was the most relatable character, as being from the 40s, he was the most out of place.
But I think they were wrong, I think that Hawkeye and Black Widow led the film, and I was paying more attention to them, those two stole the show for me. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Typical with all Marvel movies, make sure to watch through the ending of the credits...there's surprise:)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I LOLed in the movie theater the first time I saw a preview for it... and the title rolled across the screen. I thought it was some kind of a hoax... but no, they really did adapt the title of a classic tactical board game into a movie.

Truly, Hollywood has run out of ideas.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I LOLed in the movie theater the first time I saw a preview for it... and the title rolled across the screen. I thought it was some kind of a hoax... but no, they really did adapt the title of a classic tactical board game into a movie.

There's always "Hungry Hungry Hippos!" ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I HAVE to see The Avengers. I haven't found a review yet that hasn't given it a 10/10. I was worried that the movie wouldn't amount to all of the hype it was getting, but as it turns out, people are saying it actually EXCEEDED their expectations. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The movie was filled with unexpected hilarity, with the Hulk being at the center of two of those scenes. I'm not going to spoil much, but that certain character deserved to be tossed around like a doll!! I just about laughed my rear off...just like everyone else. They did good! Can't wait for the second one!

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Next up are "Risk", "Cluedo" and "Monopoly". ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.