Saved a docx/doc on word and didn't save new version!!

Reaction score
I have been working on a 28 page application for two weeks. I have been saving it as per usual every few minutes.
After hours all day of editing with a friend, I saved it and left the house for a couple hours. When I got back, the older version (before editing) was there! none of the new edits were there!! i saved it in two places, on my mac and on a usb stick.

any idea what happened or where I can find it .....it must be somewhere!!! :eek:

HELP.

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
By default Word saves documents to your user "Documents" folder unless you changed the location in preferences. If you saved it in two places and one was a USB flash drive, just copy it from the flash drive back to your Documents folder.

You didn't mention which version of Word you're using, however, it's always a good idea to use autosave and turn on "always make a backup" in preferences. That way, each time you edit your document Word will back it up first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.