Intermittent Keyboard

Reaction score
All of a sudden my bluetooth keyboard (not the mouse) keeps losing connection and then regaining it after a few seconds, as a matter of fact I have had considerable trouble typing this note I have tried changing the bluetooth settings in System Preferences and the keyboard settings also with no success:Grimmace:. I would guess I have lost connection six or seven times while typing this one sentence.
To say it was annoying would be an understatement so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't mention whether or not you checked the batteries?

Reaction score
You didn't mention whether or not you checked the batteries?

Hi chscag,

I,m having the same problem. The batteries are new, I have uninstalled the key board and reinstalled it. No help, I made the key board favorite: No help. Updates all up-to-date. May if i through it out the window it may help?:'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the PRAM. If that doesn't work, also try resetting the SMC.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have had this problem with my keyboard as well. In my case after weeks/months working normally the keyboard disconnects and will not reconnect. The keyboard can be seen but won't pair. Sometimes this goes on for a while. just before I am about to throw it out I put in batteries one more time and it starts working. Don't know why that happens.

Reaction score
Try resetting the PRAM. If that doesn't work, also try resetting the SMC.

I tried to reset the PRAM but was unable as the keyboard would not connect during start up :'( I tried this a few time but could't get the key board to connect at start up. I reset the SMC but still loosing Key board connection ? Any other suggestions

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.