Imac issues

Reaction score
I have an imac that is almost a year and a half and this morning when i went to wake up it wouldn't wake up. So i thought that maybe my other half turned it off so I tried the power button and nothing happened. I continued pressing the button than it made the moise like it was starting to turn on and the screen was grey than all the sudden went black. I let it sit and the fan turned on but the computer screen stayed black. What could be wrong with my baby?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I continued pressing the button than it made the moise like it was starting to turn on and the screen was grey than all the sudden went black.

What's a "moise"?;)

- Nick

p.s. But seriously...have you tried starting the computer from a "bootable DVD"?

C

chas_m

Best thing to do first:

1. Unplug it, and leave it alone for a while. Say 30 minutes.
2. Plug it back in and try restarting it. See how far you get, and report back.
3. If you do get to fully login, immediately make or update your Time Machine or any other backups, then run the maintenance utility of choice before doing anything else (even Facebook!) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.