MacBook Sudden Death

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum so bear with me once I get the hang of it! :Oops:
Basically, My dear MacBook has suddenly died. It won't turn on and when plugged the charger in there is a light at the bottom of the laptop, but it just won't turn on. Went to the Apple store and the guy tried different things to boot it up , even tried "Jump Starting it" however that didn't help either. He said that most likely it's the Motherboard/Logicboard that has given out and needs to be replaced. He quoted me nearly £400 for that and said it only comes with 3 months warranty so I am not too keen on paying that!! Anyone any ideas of other things that I can try and get it running again ?

Cheers,

MalikIRL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
1. attempt to find a good logic board that exactly fits your model and do the replacement yourself for something that "may" work.
2. take it to a small-time computer repair shop, pay them the same as Apple for something that "may" work.
3. take it back to Apple, pay the 400 for something that will work.
4. just get a new laptop for a few hundred more.

That is about all you have...

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah well I kinda figured as much on my own!! :Shouting:
Just thought there might be something else, like if this has happened to anyone else, how did they fix it and all that!!
But guess thanks anyway

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yeah well I kinda figured as much on my own!! :Shouting:

Obvious question...obvious answer!;)

If you already took to Apple..and they diagnosed it with a bad logic board...there's no "secret" way to make a dead logic board work again.

It kind of like having a rotten piece of fruit...and asking how can it be made it fresh again...can't do it!

Dead is dead when it comes to electronics.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.