Building a wordpress homepage & blog

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just wanted to ask you guys if there are any experiences in building homepages with wordpress.
I would like to open a discussion about this. I made fantastic experience with wordpress as you can see in my signature links.
Anyway - I am of course open to other ideas how to build homepages and blogs. Since I am not a programmer Wordpress was the easiest way for me to come to great and quick results.

Any other opinions?

Cheers,
KA

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It is trivial to create a website using Wordpress. Any web host that has Fantastico has the ability to install Wordpress in a couple of seconds and you can quickly browse for a theme from within Wordpress and start creating your customized site..

I've used Wordpress for a lot of blogs and e-Commerce sites with great success.

In my case, I end up doing a bit of coding to customize it, but the newer versions allow you to do a LOT without programming anything..

OP
Liedschatten
Reaction score
In my case, I end up doing a bit of coding to customize it, but the newer versions allow you to do a LOT without programming anything..

Hi Ashwin,

thanks for your reply!

Same with me. It's pretty easy to customise it, after installing and there are hundreds of cool free templates out there. During the last years I even bought cooler templates to make my sites even more professional.

Cheers!
KA

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm glad this discussion got started as I inch closer and closer to starting a blog of my own, I have not coded anything like this since Netscape Communicator was widely available.

Of course there is also the distinct possibility that I am not the center of the known universe and no one wants to know what I think. lol.

OP
Liedschatten
Reaction score
Hey Slydude,

so you will start your blog on Wordpress too?
Great idea!
What is it about...your blog?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's the problem. I don't really have a good idea. That's why I have not started yet. I think I would like most/perhaps all of it to be Mac/tech related but I have not gotten beyond that point. I'm open for suggestions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm glad this discussion got started as I inch closer and closer to starting a blog of my own, I have not coded anything like this since Netscape Communicator was widely available.

The beauty of Wordpress and other CMS' these days is that you can do quite a lot of things with button pushes and through nice use of AJAX requiring little to no coding to customize the look of your blogs. Being able to program (especially in CSS for styling) can really make a difference in how your blog appears.

For the other "features" that you might be interested in, Wordpress has a VERY extensive collection of plugins that can be installed to pretty much do anything that you can think of and allow you to integrate/manage them with no hassle at all..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had several things bookmarked that apparently were on the drive that is trying to die, When I have Time Machine back up my stuff I did not include the User folder and other system files. Just my data which was stored elsewhere,

The tips involved things like boolean searches, doing calculations with Spotlight, and forcing it to create a new index. There were probably a few others I've forgotten, I can probably find again later today,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.