Accessing my Mac from iPad2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Hi there

What is the best app for being able to see and use my mac from my iPad 2 (wifi only)?

If there is a recommendation for an iPhone 4 app as well thats great but I'm really looking for something to run on the iPad

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
TeamViewer
One of many VNC clients
Splashtop
LogMeIn

To name but a few.
I tend to use LogMeIn personally and sometimes Splashtop. All have iPhone and iPad apps.

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Thats great - thanks Mr Plow

I used Team Viewer before - maybe a rec from here - but it didn't work as well as I wanted.

I had on my *cough*PC*cough* before I switched which was the best thing I had on it that I don't have on pc - it worked simple and excellent.

I'll try Log Me IN

Are these not VNC's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I guess technically they all can be termed VNC by definition but I was referring to VNC as in the popular RFB Protocol VNC client/server apps. There's a VNC server built into OSX you see. So you can enable that and connect with one of many clients.

TeamViewer, Splashtop, LogMeIn et al use their own dedicated client and server apps. This means they can offer additional functions not encompassed by the standard VNC offering.

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much - clear and informative! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I prefer Screens. Very well done. Transfers native iOS gestures to the Mac with no issues.

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys! Some interesting stuff there! I'll take a look!

Thanks for all your info!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
I currently use splashtop because that was the first one I had heard about as I was trying to connect my iPad to my windows pc. I utilize it for teaching using multiple screens and it works well. I have not tried the other ones yet, but I will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.