No Volume Control

Reaction score
Just purchased a new Mac Mini. Loving it so far!! Although, I have ran across a little issue. I can not adjust the from the toolbar, keyboard shortcut, or through system prefrences.

ScreenShot2012-05-02at100723PM.png

I figured it is something extremely simple that I am missing. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Stephen

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears you have your sound output setup to play through your Vizio TV monitor. Make sure that you have the cabling correct and also that the TV is setup to accept the sound from the Mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Also, I do not believe that the sound is variable when output to HDMI. I believe it has to be controlled by the monitor/TV itself.

At least, this is my recollection. I'd have to go hook my laptop up to my TV to verify, which isn't happening until I'm off call.

OP
S
Reaction score
You're correct dysfunction. Everything started working properly once I updated the software on my LCD. Thank y'all for the help!!

On a side note, can you recommend a good external cd/DVD drive that you have some experience with?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.