My battery capacity seems to have drained a little too quickly...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
But I wanted to check with you guys to see if it's bad enoug that it warrants a call to Apple. I got this PowerBook in August, and CoconutBattery tells me my battery capacity is already down to 86%. I keep the computer plugged in most of the time, but usually I do carry it around with me and use it going to and from classes and such. I've even recalibrated the battery a few times (complete drain). Anyway, is a 14% drop in less than half a year a big enough issue to take it up with Apple? And if so, do you recommend taking it to an on-campus Apple-certified technician or taking it directly to Apple via phone or something? Thanks for your help!

T

Tel

I doubt there's a lot you can do really as batteries are still classed as consumables. Just out of interest, how many cycles has it been through? I've been through 189 cycles on my iBook and still get around 3.5 hours, though I used to get 5 hours quite easily. I'm just going to order a new battery and use it only when I need it (ie. keep the old one in till I go out which is when I'll need the 5 hours).

OP
Discerptor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Tel said:
I doubt there's a lot you can do really as batteries are still classed as consumables. Just out of interest, how many cycles has it been through? I've been through 189 cycles on my iBook and still get around 3.5 hours, though I used to get 5 hours quite easily. I'm just going to order a new battery and use it only when I need it (ie. keep the old one in till I go out which is when I'll need the 5 hours).
I've been through 33 cycles according to CoconutBattery. And I know batteries are consumables, but if it gets consumed much more quickly than it's supposed to, that counts as a faulty product, doesn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.
I just got my ibook G4 last month and had no idea there was a program to check on the battery capacity. Where would I be able to check my battery capacity and where could I find this cocunut battery. Is it a program or is it hardware. Please let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.