Which is the highest version of Final Cut that can be used with 10.5.8?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here and BRAND new to Mac computers. I recently bought a Mac G5 computer with 4 Gigs of RAM, 500 gig hard drive, dual processor and 10.5.8 OS that I'll be using mainly for video editing. I just need to know which is the best version of Final Cut that I can use with this OS. Is the system I own powerful enough to render HD?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I just need to know which is the best version of Final Cut that I can use with this OS.

Have you performed an internet search for the various versions of Final Cut...and then tracked down what their system requirements are??

Once you do this...you'll have your answer.:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thread moved to more appropriate location...not an "iOS and Apps." topic.

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Have you performed an internet search for the various versions of Final Cut...and then tracked down what their system requirements are??

Once you do this...you'll have your answer.:)

- Nick

Nick:

I want to start by thanking you for your response. I see that you are staff here and I know you were genuinely trying to help. I'm aware of Google as a resource but was looking more for personal experience. My Google search results, after using "system requirements for Final Cut" as keywords yielded a long list of different versions of the software and it wasn't altogether clear to me which versions were designed for rendering HD. I asked two questions and hopefully the others here on the forum won't find them to be out of place here.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My Google search results, after using "system requirements for Final Cut" as keywords yielded a long list of different versions of the software and it wasn't altogether clear to me which versions were designed for rendering HD.

Sometimes you need to be a bit more "creative" when searching. First you needed to search for "Final Cut Versions"...then you would have gotten this (second hit in a Google search):

Final Cut Pro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This will tell you what versions of Final Cut that have ever been released. Then you would have searched for (as an example)..."Final Cut 6 System Requirements"...and you would have gotten this (First hit in the search):

Final Cut Pro - Mac Guides

Then you would continue searching for the system requirements for more recent versions...until you hit system requirements that your computer & OS version cannot handle.

I like to help people help themselves...:)

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime!":)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.