(another) RAM question

T

tuffghost

I have a 1 GHz PowerBook G4, Titanium... one of the last Titanium models before the 15" went Aluminum.

I've been running 512Mb (2x256) RAM since I got it, but it's just not cutting it with Tiger. Plus, I use alot of RAM heavy apps.

I'd like to upgrade as much as possible, but from what I've seen, it seems like the Titanium PBs won't support more than 1GB (2x512) RAM.

The current RAM is SODIMM PC133 SDRAM.
Am I right that I would need to use exactly the same when upgrading?
Am I right in thinking that 1GB (2x512) is my limit for this machine?

THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think the max ram on that is 1.5 gb, if this is correct, someone can verify, you could add a 1 gig stick fairlly cheap, there are many places to get ram, as long as its mac compatible and the same speed that you need, it should work, try this. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I actually think they were 1.25GB, but I'm not 100% sure. I thought one of those 256MB sticks was soldered to the motherboard.

I would recommend [http://www.ramjet.com]RamJet[/url], I just got 2GB for my 15" AL Powerbook (with the lines...).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.