Macbook Pro Cant get past Log in screen

Reaction score
Hi Guys i am new to the forum but i need some help. I stupidly let my pro run down to 0 on the batter with a lot of applications running. Screen went black so i ran for the charger, plugged it in and pressed the power button. Now all i get is the spinning disc of death for a while when i turn it on but it does eventually go to the log in screen. When i get there i pop my password in, the screen goes white and it just goes straight back to the log in screen again.

i have started in repair mode and repaired the disk but i still get the same thing. Also i cant re boot from the cd as i have a dodgy disc drive and it just keeps throwing the cd out again

help me please!!:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
hi thomas,

did you try a hardware reset? see here how that works - TheMacMania - Tips, Tricks and more for your Mac Computer or a ram reset might help.
i don't think it´s a big issue to run your battery to zero, actually you should do sometimes because this increases the capacity of your battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.