Intermittent Speed Problems

Reaction score
Good Day: My MacBook Pro slows to a crawl [uploads 0.19Mbps on the speed test] at irregular intervals. To recover, I "turn wi-fi off" and then "turn wi-fi on" and all is restored - until the next time. Could anyone point me in a direction to start searching for the cause please?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your specific problem is but I typically just search google for a cause/fix using my OS type and problem keywords. May take a bit of digging but I have good results that way.

I have dealt with a similar issue a couple of times before with two different results. One was resolved by deleting and restoring the network settings for the computer. The other turned out to be a faulty airport card. I'd start by trying to delete your network settings. Make a copy and back up the network folder before you do anything though.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Thanks James. Both suggestions are definitely worth a try. The network suggestion is something I hadn't thought of.

Talking to my ISP, we've changed the ADSL Standard from "Automatic" to G.992.1 (G.DMT). We're in suck-it-and-see mode at the moment.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.