Help needed, Iphone 3G wont work after jailbreak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
Hello all,

My girlfriend has an iphone 3g that she had unlocked. A few weeks back she went ahead an updated the software and now the phone is no longer working.

The problem is when she updated the software I am assuming this broke the jaailbreaking software and the sim no longer worked, she went ahead and then re-set the phone to factory settings thinking this would resolve the problem, when it didnt she gave it to me.

So the issue I have is I cannot activate the iphone. I have a sim card installed but if I try and activate using just the phone it allows me to set the language connect to my wifi but then when I hit activate it takes about 3-4 minutes and then returns stating it cannot activate and I should try using Itunes. The iphone shows the connection to my wifi but does not show any network service.... it just says 'no service'

When I try and activate the phone using Itunes it takes about 3 minutes again and then says that no sim card is installed (even though one is)... just to note I went to Vodaphone and bought a new sim card and activated it (that didnt work), I have also tried using my own sim card for my current Iphone 4. (that didnt work either).

So to summarise, I cant activate using either the phone or Itunes.... can anyone offer some advice on how I can get this phone working again?.

Thanks

OP
mockney
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.
I have been doing some research on the net and it looks at though I need to either roll back the firmware or try a new jailbreak without a sim installed. Apparently I need to set the Iphone into DFU mode and can use a download from a company called RedSnow to perfrom the jailbreak.

Has anyone downloaded and successfully used RedSnow?.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.